J.O. COMMISSIONER UPDATE – DECEMBER 2017
As we prepare for the 2017-18 season I want to make sure you have all the information you need going forward.
- The 2018 USASB National Championships will be; 10U Montgomery, AL – 12U Spartanburg, SC – 14U Bowling Green, KY – 16U Kent, WA – 18U Salem, VA. Unless otherwise indicated the dates for the National Tournaments are July 22 – 29. The 16U & 18U Gold are on July 15-21 in Plano, Texas and the 14U, 16U & 18U JO Cup events will be July 23 – 28 in St. Louis Missouri. Frequent the USASB of GA web site for more information on these and other important events.
- Softballs – We still have an ample supply of the Wilson A9011 softballs with the USASB of GA logo at a reduced price of $65.00 per dozen with free shipping. To order simply contact me at email@example.com
- TEAM USA – Team USA will be making a stop in GA in 2020 during their spring tour prior to the 2020 Olympics. The event will be sponsored by USASB of GA, the Columbus Sports Council, Wilson Sports, and the Softball Factory. The visit will feature a “meet and greet” by the players and coaches, as well as two exhibitions games against local talent. We will provide more information as the details are finalized.
- When registering your team on the Register USA web site keep a few things in mind. 1.) In order for you to have access to print your insurance form, you must have birth certificates for your players, registration fees paid, and your coaches having completed the ACE certification and background check submitted. 2.) USASB of Georgia requires all adult personnel (coaches, scorekeepers, etc.) in the dugout during USASB of GA sanctioned events to have done both also. 3.) When me about information on your team registration, insurance, status, etc. make sure you add your team ID# to your email.
- USA Softball of GA Sanctioning – USA Softball and USA Softball of GA are trademarked logos and identification owned by the National Office and USASB of GA. As such, you must receive approval to use the name and or logo in any type of advertising/promoting. An example is that there is not an organization identified as the “USA Softball of North Georgia”. But, a tournament director may request approval from State Commissioner, Al Dattolo to sanction an event through USASB of GA, which some have already done so this fall.
- Certified Equipment – For information on bat and equipment certification go to the USASB web site at www.teamusa.org/USA-Sfotball/Play-USA-Softball/Certified-USA-Softball-Equipment
- CHOA SCOTTISH RITE CHARITY EVENT – Click here to learn more about the an annual charity event conducted by USASB of GA.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Good Fortune and let me if I can assist in any way.