J.O. Commissioner March 2017 Update
The spring/summer softball season is here and I want to provide some important information going forward. Please let me know if there are any issues you would like me to address in my next update.
- 12U All American Team – USA SB of GA has been given a berth in the newly for USA Softball All-American Tournament August 18 – 20 at Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City. As such, we will be accepting nominations for a team tryout to be held in May. For more information go to our new web site at usasoftballgeorgia.org Please encourage your kids to participate in this special event.
- Tournament Registration – When you go to the tournamentasa.com web site to enter an event make sure you read all information and the “downloads” in an effort to correctly enter your team, and be prepared when you check in at an event.
- Register ASA – Once your team has received “Approved” status you can print your insurance certificate by going to the “Printable Documents” tab and click on the insurance certificate. Also, your team cannot be “Approved” until all the registration fees, birth certificates, coaches’ background checks, and ACE certification has been cleared. The new ID cards are taking between 2 – 3 weeks due to the heavy traffic from all the states registering their teams at this time. Make sure you provide your Team ID# when requesting information/action from me.
- Softballs – Wilson has produced the A9011 official game ball with the USA SB of GA logo imprinted on the ball. We are offering the balls at a reduced price of $62.00 per dozen and free shipping. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
- Certified Equipment – For information on bat/equipment certification go to the USA SB web site at: www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Play-USA-Softball/Certified-USA-Softball-Equipment
Good Fortune to all and let me know if I can assist in any way.